A simple Christmas

My Christmas Day began with feet.... my feet. I decided to dance my way to merry-ness in my apartment.

Photobucket

My heels and toes then carried me to the beach ... where it soon became clear that Mother Nature had been dipping her brush into the Christmas palette.

Photobucket

In the cool sand, as the storm clouds parted for the sun, I welcomed the 25th of December 2011... not a soul in sight.

Photobucket

My hands reached down toward the sand, plucking plump, succulent plums from their salty stems.

Photobucket

With hands and feet, I drove my car to Sunshine Beach, where I lay a loaf of Sourdough down, to celebrate the day with a dear friend.

Photobucket

A feast for two orphans on Christmas Day... a star-shaped platter... a mouthful of blueberries... a handful of beach plums... a heart full of contentment.

Photobucket

Two sets of hands, twisting and folding and sticky-taping together a paper star....

Photobucket

The sweet and spicy smell of ginger cake wafting through the house...

Photobucket

My Christmas Day ended with feet... my friend's feet.... her red painted toes next to blue, green and yellow granny squares. Between the fruit platters and paper stars, we crocheted together as we watched an old Santa movie...we chuckled at Dudley Moore, dressed as an elf.

Photobucket

And so this evening I give thanks for the simple pleasures in life, which are as sweet as a warm ginger cake, cooked with four loving hands, on Christmas Day.

Comments

  1. Wow..You are really an artist - really cool photography by Ange Takats. Inspiration!!! Love Love ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic way to spend the day :) Many blessings to you Ange :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts