In the Nepali media spotlight

"Australian Ange Takats performed alone with an acoustic guitar at Jazzmandu. Before her first live performance she was nervous about the reception of the Nepali audience but Takats’ lyrics and music charmed those who attended the Gokarna gig. Her dry wit definitely helped” - Nepali Times

Okay, so I admit that a few times I found myself sitting in a Kathmandu Cafe unable to stop myself from leaning over to the person reading the newspaper and saying "Um, that's me!" as I pointed to my photo. It's not everyday that an Aussie girl finds herself in the Nepali Times, right? 



Or on the side of a building....



Or live on Nepali radio...



Or on posters around Kathmandu...



PRESS COVERAGE LINKS


Swinging without borders - Article in Nepali Times
A sparkling night of jazz - Article in All About Jazz
When stories and music merge - Article in the Himalayan Times
An interview with Ange Takats - Jazzmandu Reporter


More Jazzmandu articles can be found here.

Comments

Popular Posts