Happy birthday to me...

Today is my birthday. As my high school classmates push prams around playgrounds and plan their kitchen renovations - I contemplate the very different road I'm travelling down - one which, in five weeks, will lead me back to Nepal where I will base myself for a few months in answer to the call of the mountains and mystics. It will be a break from touring. A break from this quiet Sunny Coast life. A break from my current reality. I have no idea exactly what I'm going to do over there. Maybe I'll find a guru to worship. Maybe I'll write another book. Maybe I'll just sit around eating momos. Or maybe the road to Nepal will wind its way back to a pram in a playground in Australia. All I know is that 37 feels like a good age to see what else the world has to offer me...and what else I have to offer the world. 




Comments

Popular Posts