The Buffalo Experiment (#B1B2B3)


I’m about to embark on a journey back to my second home – Thailand. To say that I’m excited about returning to the Land of Smiles is an understatement. Finishing my travel memoir made me realise how much I miss the place … the colour and noise of the streets … the people … the ‘sabaii sabaii’ Thai way. And so I’m heading back to Bangkok to get my fill of Som Tum Salad and mango sticky rice :-)

During my trip I will be launching a little project that I’m calling ‘The Buffalo Experiment’. It will involve leaving three copies of my book (B1, B2 & B3) in three different tourist locations in Thailand in the hope that backpackers will be drawn to pick up the book and take it with them.


Inside each cover is a note that links to my Facebook page and website – asking the traveller to go online and leave a message, photo or even video blog that tells the story of how they came across the book, where they took the book and where they decided to leave it once they’d finished reading.

Where will the three books end up? Chiang Mai? Berlin? Toronto? Or maybe the buffalo will find his way home to me on the Sunshine Coast :-)

If you want to share ‘The Buffalo Experiment’ with your friends on Twitter, be sure to use #B1B2B3 in your tweet!

Comments

Popular Posts