Carving our own path, casting our own rings




-->

I got married in a two-dollar vintage dress a couple of years ago. The only witness - a twenty-something Thai government worker wearing braces. She asked me if I had "baby inside" and I said no. She then got us to sign some papers and life went on as usual (well, as usual as it can when you're living in a crazy city like Bangkok). Over the weekend my darling husband organised a surprise for me. It was a ring making workshop. Together we made our wedding bands and they have so much more of a story now, two years on, then had we bought something to put on our fingers in that registry office in Thailand. I love that I've married a man who, like me, enjoys living life back-to-front and inside-out. We are carving our own path through the woods...casting our own rings in the fire.


Comments

Popular Posts