Scuba fail in Canary Land




I attempted to scuba dive for the first time last week. I lasted approximately 20 minutes underwater in the hotel swimming pool before reaching the conclusion that the feeling of utter terror and breathlessness was not going to subside within my allocated hour-long initiation session. Given I was sharing the pool with two kids under the age of 16 who seemed to have no issues whatsoever with letting an apparatus deliver compressed air to them underwater - and who, along with my husband, took to the ocean in their scuba gear with zero fear - this particular failure weighed heavy on me (or maybe it was just the tank strapped to my back as I walked between the scuba centre and the swimming pool - so frigging heavy!) but hey, at least I tried, right?

Comments

Popular Posts